- Individual $85.00+HST
- A person not directly associated to a facility, but interested in facility operations
- Facility $200.00+HST
- Private or Board operated facilities
- Municipal $200.00+HST – 1 Facility; $300.00+HST – 2 to 5 Facilities; $500.00+HST – 6 or more Facilities
- Municipalities which operate recreation facilities
- Corporate $250.00+HST
- Any business, supplier or not for profit
*Please note: Membership prices increased in 2019. If you have any questions please contact 902-425-5450 ext. 330 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly newsletter (digital mail out)
- Facility Focus Magazine twice a year (1 per facility) plus a digital copy
- Discounted rates on:
- Coursing and Conferences
- Atlantic Recreation & Facilities Conference and Trade Show (ARFC)
- Advertising rates
- Notification of current training opportunities
- First preference in advertisement in Facility Focus
- Resources and information for policies, trends and other requirements
- Free access to attend the AGM
- Notification of funding opportunities
- Voting eligibility for the Board of Directors elections and the eligibility to hold office
Memberships are renewed annually and follow the fiscal year (April 1st to March 31st). Pro-rated rates for memberships received after April 1st can be negotiated.
RFANS provides recreation facility personnel with professional development opportunities through training, seminars and conferences in the areas of arena operations, pool operations, athletic field maintenance and general facility maintenance. These professional development opportunities are held at various times throughout the year and in various locations around the province.
Programs and Resources
Through the generous support of the Government of Nova Scotia’s Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage, RFANS administers a Hockey Helmet Program and an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Grant Program. Both of these programs are made available to the RFANS membership.
RFANS published a booklet called ‘Air Quality Guidelines for Arenas in Nova Scotia’. This document received national recognition and its recommended levels of exposure have been accepted nationally.
These are only a few of the programs and resources that RFANS provides to its members and recreation facilities across Nova Scotia. Through constant evaluation of its programs and resources, RFANS serves its membership through the development of new or additional programs and resources as needed.
RFANS produces and distributes the ‘Facility Focus’ to all members of the Association, reaching recreation facilities throughout the Atlantic Provinces and across Canada. This publication provides members with information on recreation facility operations, innovative ideas and issues affecting facility personnel.
Every month an email newsletter is distributed to members with information on upcoming events, training/coursing, funding opportunities and interesting news related articles affecting Nova Scotia’s recreation facility personnel.
Atlantic Recreation Facility Directory
RFANS compiles, produces and distributes the most complete and up-to-date Atlantic Recreation Facility Directory to all its members. This directory is arranged by region and provides a contact name, address, phone number and email address for every recreation facility in the four Atlantic Provinces. This directory is updated annually.
archived agm minutes
RFANS 2018 AGMArchived minutes of the Annual General MeetingClick here to download
RFANS 2015 AGMArchived minutes of the Annual General MeetingClick here to download
RFANS 2014 AGMArchived minutes of the Annual General MeetingClick here to download
RFANS 2013 AGMArchived minutes of the Annual General MeetingClick here to download
RFANS 2012 AGMArchived minutes of the Annual General MeetingClick here to download
RFANS 2011 AGMArchived minutes of the Annual General MeetingClick here to download
RFANS 2010 AGMArchived minutes of the Annual General MeetingClick here to download