RFANS Seeks a Technical Director
RFANS is seeking a motivated individual to serve as the Technical Director.
The Recreation Facility Association of Nova Scotia (RFANS) is the only provincial membership- based not-for-profit organization in Atlantic Canada dedicated to providing leadership in developing, promoting, and advocating excellence in recreational facilities, operations, and personnel. RFANS strives to be the industry’s resource for education, coursing and training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and development of new educational partnerships that will benefit RFANS members.
- Explore opportunities to expand the reach of recreation facility personnel education programs, both with in Nova Scotia and throughout Atlantic Canada.
- Work within current partnerships to continue to grow existing and future programs.
- Teach courses as required.
- Oversee the creation of support documents for all courses and training manuals.
- Oversee the development of the apprenticeship program for new instructors.
- Oversee the evaluation process of instructors.
- Work with the ED to support existing and develop new special events.
- Support all Association activities as required, as well as other duties as assigned by the ED.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relatable experience in the recreation facility sector.
- Post-secondary diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience within a facility management and operations setting or related field.
- Teaching experience would be considered an asst.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized, ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher, Internet, WordPress etc.)
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- This position would require travel within NS so access to reliable transportation would be considered an asset.
Position: Part-time (approx. 20 hrs/week)
Job Start Date: Monday, July 10th, 2023.
Location: The main office is based in Halifax, NS. Remote work required.
Deadline – Friday, June 30th, 2023, at 4:00pm.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Director Job Application” in the subject line.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For full job description – www.rfans.com/tdposition