Anti-Racism and Discrimination Policy and Protocol Session
Join our session to become familiar with the Anti-Racism and Discrimination Policy and Protocol tool. This policy template was developed by the Tripartite Forum to address racism and discrimination within our recreation facilities.
Racism and discrimination in sport has been an ongoing issue. While some initiatives have taken steps towards preventing racism/discrimination in sport, there has yet to be an initiative that aids in dealing with the issue once it occurs. Racism/discrimination is often perceived as uncomfortable and difficult to address. Therefore, a tool has been developed to empower people to deal with the issue promptly and properly.
In this session there will be presentations addressing:
- Why we need welcoming, inclusive and supportive environments
- How/why this policy template was developed
- Become familiar with the policy template
- How to use the policy and the impact it can have
- Success stories and challenges faced by facilities implementing policies
- Opportunities for questions and discussion
Tova Sherman, reachAbility
Levi Denny representing Tripartite Forum
Paul MacDonald, Centre 200 CBRM
We hope that you will take the time to join us, and help us move forward in the elimination of racism and discrimination.
Where: Zatzman Sportsplex, Dartmouth
Date: January 28th, 2020
Time: 9am – 12pm
RSVP to Brittany Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-425-5450 ext. 330.